Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
• Project development and implementation. Since 2001, experience in development, writing, and implementation of projects for different NGO’s (national and international). Since 2008, have experience in project development in private sector (for Macedonian and foreign companies).
• Design and implementation of training activities. Three years of experience in BWB as a trainer on Marketing and Business development. 2-year experience in training for SNV, Yes Incubator, Strumica Incubator, Mata Craft. 6 months working as an online business trainer for UK Academy.
• Business plan preparation and assessment. Since 2006 have experience in development of business plans. Done business plans for AdvertSMS (won second place on national competition), business plans for individuals, companies and farmer cooperatives. Done training on business plan development. Co-author of business plan manual.
• Business start-up and growth. Since 2008, owner of first mobile marketing agency AdvertSMS. Advanced experience in working with incubator and startup center (Yes Incubator, BSC, Strumica Incubator and MATA). Also developed the first agri-incubator in Macedonia. Established and operated Macedonian branch office of Retell Ltd (UK).
• Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Advanced experience in product and service development. AdvertSMS won the title “Global Innovator for 2009” –11 most innovative companies in the world. Took part in the 3rd and 4th Global Forum on Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Brazil and Finland. Participated on Agri business development innovation in India. Hold an MSc on Entrepreneurship.
Currently founder and manager of business consulting company BizzBee Solutions (www.BizzBeeSolutions.com)