Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS), supported by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India is seeking applications for its India Science and Research Fellowship (ISRF) programme to provide opportunity to scientists from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka to work in advanced research areas in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research laboratories in India.
- Fellowship Allowance: Rs 50,000/- per month which includes accommodation
- Contingency grant to Fellow Scientist: Rs 10,000/- as one time contingency grant.
- Contingency research grant for host scientist (through institution): RS 20,000/- as one time grant
- Airfare: Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by Road / rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of the below mentioned countries
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a University or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- for faculty, scientists and researchers – Ph.D /M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years research or teaching experience
- for PhD students – M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS and registered for a PhD in their home country
- Must be below 45 years of age (as on 31st December of the previous year of selection)
- The applicant should posses a valid passport
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via http://www.cics.tn.nic.in/interfellowships.htm
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka.