Title: Applications for piloting Innovative solutions for Bottom of Pyramid Market Samhita Social Ventures
Apply by: 25th Aug
To apply, please visit (https://goo.gl/forms/pdC1xszxTKf9z3Mf1)
Applications for piloting Innovative solutions for the Bottom of Pyramid Market
- Since 2005, India has seen considerable growth in social enterprise activity. However, social enterprises face certain challenges:
- There is limited access to domestic and venture capital
- The incubation ecosystem is not sufficient to strengthen entrepreneurship
- Incubation capacities are especially low where social enterprises are active i.e. in India’s rural and underserved markets
- Through this project, we bring an opportunity for social enterprises/startups to solve these challenges by partnering with corporates. For social enterprises, these partnerships could serve as the catalyst to break out of the trap of small scale limited impact and funding and also gain access to more efficient supply chain.
- Samhita will identify three innovative solutions at a ready to pilot stage that tackle a problem for the BoP population.
- The criteria used to select innovative solutions will be:
- A solution which is disruptive
- The innovation creates a new market and value network and eventually disrupts an existing market and value network, displacing established market leading firms, products and alliances
- A solution which can be scaled up/replicated
- This will primarily look at solutions which have been successful outside India and will be replicated in India or solutions which are successful in a particular geography within India and now need to be scaled to a different geography.
- A solution which has high potential of collaboration
- Preference will be given to solutions which already have existing partners or are in an advance stage of discussion with potential partners.
Samhita will facilitate the following:
- Identification of the right pilot partner for these solutions
- Development of a partnership model between the corporate and the social enterprise for piloting the solution
- Designing the pilot and providing technical assistance to execute the pilot
- Monitoring the impact created through the partnership by conducting a base line and mid-line study
- Key thematic areas: agriculture, education, renewable energy, health, skill development, water & sanitation, financial inclusion, environment, rural development, urban poverty alleviation, women & child development, transport, labor & employment and housing.
Applications open for: Social enterprises, Impact enterprises and other for-profit enterprises
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis