The Open Meadows Foundation,
grant-making organization is seeking projects that promote
gender/racial/economic justice. The projects must be led by and benefit women and girls.
Open Meadows Foundation funds projects that do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and expression, age or ability.
Grants of up to $2000 will be awarded for projects that:
- Are designed and implemented by women and girls
- Reflect the diversity of the community served by the project in both its leadership and organization
- Promote building community power
- Have limited financial access
- Organizations interested in applying must have tax exempt status or a fiscal sponsor
that is tax exempt under 501C3 of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC).
- Applicants must submit their application, 501C3 tax letter, budget
and any other supporting materials for their proposal. If the IRS
tax-exempt letter from the organization (or fiscal agent) and/or any
other part of the checklist is not included, the proposal will be
considered as incomplete and cannot be forwarded to the reviewers.
- Open Meadows only accepts one proposal from an organization at a
cycle. If the request is for more than one project, neither project will
- The Foundation do not fund:
- public or private educational institutions
- local, state, and national governmental agencies
- for-profit businesses
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the
Proposal Cover Sheet through the given website and submit it via email
and also submit the Required Documents:
- The Cover Sheet
- A project narrative not to exceed three pages which includes
specific information about the project and the community in which it
will take place as well as organization information. Be specific and
detailed about the project.
- An itemized budget for the project including income and expenses
- A budget for the organization including income and expenses. Please include 1 or 2 previous years’ budget if available.
- For US proposals, a copy of either your organization’s tax-exempt letter from the IRS
giving 501(c)(3) status or a copy of the fiscal agent’s tax-exempt
letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status. For international
proposals, a copy of the organization’s registration.
- A list of staff (full and part-time), including race, ethnicity and gender
- A list of the current board of directors, including race, ethnicity and gender
- All arts projects must be accompanied by support material via pdf, mp3, video
link and other online access. Film and video projects will be considered
only after the film/video is complete.
- Supplemental materials or samples may be included to support of your program.
For more information, please visit Open Meadows Foundation.