The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of outstanding prospective students the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University.
Utrecht University, Netherlands
Level/Field of study:
Eligible International Master’s programmes offered by the University. Not all programmes participate, please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
Number of Awards:
Approximately 20-25 scholarships are available.
Non-EU/EEA International Students
- The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as tuition fees OR tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses. As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely.
- The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme. The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Have applied for an eligible international master’s programme with a start date of 1 September 2018.
- Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. After submitting an application for the Master’s programme, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship.
- Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 1 February. Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before 1 December; check the ‘When to apply’ section under Admission and application of your master’s programme.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.uu.nl/masters/en/general-information/international-students/financial-matters/grants-and-scholarships/utrecht-exce...