Vikalp , India
Vikalp is a social enterprise that works with low-cost private schools to improve learning outcomes through an experiential math curriculum, utilizing learning aids and math kits along with supporting teacher development for primary students. Vikalp India is an Acumen investee.
Award & Recognition
- Recipient of School of Educators Global Education Award 2014 as Best Educational Suppliers.
- Finalist as most innovative manufacturing SME for innovative usage of technology.
- Awarded the best business plan as part of 10,000 women entrepreneurs by ISB, Goldman Sachs and BIMTECH
You’re interested in education and take immense pride in your work. Now you’re ready to use your interest and experience to make a real difference in school education. This bigger role will excite and challenge you, while providing the opportunity for rapid career advancement.
As a Vikalp fellow, you’ll work directly and indirectly with academic coordinators, headmistress or principals of educational institutions, specifically public schools. You’ll be the face of the company, the key point of contact and the person who ensures that critical services are delivered at a level that wows each client.
- Facilitate implementation and full adoption of the Vikalp solution.
- Assess the unique challenges school is facing and develop a customized research and communications plan.
- Coordinate with school authorities and Vikalp personnel to ensure projects are delivered to clients flawlessly and on schedule.
- Serve as an ambassador for Vikalp, sharing your work at conferences and seminars and should be able to make presentation and proposal.
- Maintain an acute awareness of current events in public education at local, state and national levels.
- Think innovatively about the problems facing public schools and devise creative solutions to expand portfolio of services and product offerings.
Who can apply?
- In depth understanding of Experiential learning
- Master’s Degree from from an accredited institution
- Excellent presentation and managerial skills is must
- Have the ability to manage a number of competing demands
- Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the English language
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Organized, focused and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-versed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook