OBIRODH will provide support to activities aimed at fostering an inclusive and tolerant Bangladesh. This project will be based in Dhaka. This position is open to local nationals.
Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this position.
This position is responsible for executing the expenses per appropriate accounting standards and procedures set by MSI, USAID, and managing compliance with Bangladesh accounting laws. S/he helps monitor, analyze and operationalize the financial transactions through automated financial systems, assists in monthly reconciliation of activity costs, and helps maintain all petty cash transactions, including preparation of primary documentation (disbursement and receipt slips, vouchers).
- Prepare voucher payments and input all local accounting data.
- Help monitor, analyze and operationalize financial transactions.
- Work closely with the external auditor and finance and administration manager on balances and financial reports.
- Assist in the preparation of appropriate tax returns.
- Review and verify invoices for the purchase of goods and services for the program.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are up to date in the accounting system.
- Perform reconciliation of bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Inform the finance and administration manager about any inconsistencies encountered within the MSI accounting process.
- Keep accounting files updated and organized, including both electronic and paper files.
- Prepare and maintain updated financial information for audits.
- Any other assignments which may be determined by the finance and administration manager.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in financial management in Bangladesh.
- Demonstrated and proficient experience using MS Excel and QuickBooks.
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors
- CPA or bachelor’s degree in business administration, chartered accountant, finance, or related field.
- Experience with USAID-funded project required.
- Skills and experience which demonstrate the potential for assuming greater responsibilities and duties, above and beyond those listed herein.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Bengali is required.
- Ability to travel to regions outside of Dhaka, as needed.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.