Awarded in July 2015, the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Platform Project provides technical support and training to USAID/Mali staff and implementing partners to meet the Mission’s management information needs, facilitate program management decisions, and shape long-term strategic direction decisions. One of the primary objectives of the project is building the capacity of Mission staff and select implementing partners to conduct high-quality performance monitoring and verification. The platform will be implementing Third Party Monitoring especially in the North of Mali.
Only citizens of Mali are eligible for this position.
This employee will provide accounting and financial support to the project team for the duration of the 5-year project. The accountant will be responsible for supporting the operations and finance manager in ensuring compliance with existing accounting procedures as well as financial support and other project-related events for MSI teams throughout Mali. This is a critical position and the accountant must be extremely organized, adaptable and professional.
- Manage input, tracking, and maintenance of project accounting systems through Quickbooks.
- Maintain and manage field accounts, under the direction of the operations and finance manager.
- Prepare and track project budgets and budget projections.
- Ensure that USAID rules and regulations in the area of financial management, procurement, and compliance are followed.
- Manage project bank accounts, reconcile monthly accounts and bank statements; submit receipts and invoices to HQ and USAID as required.
- Prepare vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with contractor policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conduct financial aspects of STTAs (short-term consultants) as well as assist them in arranging their field expense reports for submittal.
- Assist with production of project financial reporting to client as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with MSI Home Office accounting department to assist with all financial queries.
- Maintain complete and accurate financial records for project reporting purposes, working with the operations and finance manager to ensure that financial reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with the operations and finance manager to ensure that field office costs are appropriately managed.
- Maintain electronic and physical files in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Monitor balance of available funds and prepare fund transfers as needed.
- Prepare “Check Request Forms.”
- Generate official documentation to support balances and declarations to be presented.
- Maintain constant communication with the Administrative team regarding management and accessibility of all financial resources in order to comply with established regulations.
- Perform other responsibilities that will be assigned as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience.
- English capability, both written and verbal, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks or similar accounting software.
- Ability to r econcile the local accounting s y stem w ith the Quic k Books database, as well as bank r econciliations.
- Prior experience with USAID programs and international organizations is preferred, as well as experience as a pa rt of audits processes.
- Excellent understanding of Mali employment laws, tax withholding requirements, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Understanding of organizational registration process.
- Experience with pay roll/tax legi slations in Mali.
- Strong knowledge of A ID r equi r ements on proc u r ements and inventor y (the accountant will need to know what back up they need to keep, and have to make payments).
- Strong experience with a dva n ce management including arranging advances to field travelers, and liquidating such advances after trips.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and willingness to learn are a must.
- Outstanding communication, management, and reporting skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.