UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks in finance functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF financial rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
To make a difference you will be accountable for the following key duties & tasks:
- Review the MDM requests form, analyze, compile the data on template and upload through MyCase. Upload all MDM requests received from Sections and Zone Offices.
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Follow up with the zone offices for providing all required details of deposits made to the UNICEF account. Timely recording of receipts as soon as funds are received/credited in the bank account.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment and deposits.
- Advises and assists international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculates and authorizes payments due for claims and services.
- Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Coordinate with SCB focal staff for resolving queries/issues of UNICEF official accounts as well as staff members. Facilitate both national & international staff members for opening of bank accounts with SCB.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation through MyCase for GSSC. Providing bank statements and details of all the adjustments to GSSC through MyCase.
- Petty Cash Custodian of UNICEF PCO. Responsible for disbursements/adjustments and replenishment of petty cash.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
Education: Completion of secondary education is required with professional/university level courses in Accounting and Finance/Business administration considered as an asset.
Experience: Five years of clerical experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency of English and local language of the duty station required.
For every Child, you demonstrate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
- Planning & Organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)