Accounts Assistant (Accounting & Invoice Certification Unit)
UNICEF, Copenhagen, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Position/Main duties
- The position is placed in the Accounting and Invoice Certification Unit (AICU) of the Financial Management and Administrative Centre in UNICEF Supply Division. AICU is responsible for invoice certification and various accounting tasks, including warehouse accounting.
- Reporting to Accounting Manager with the responsibility for the overall warehouse accounting and other accounting tasks performed by AICU, the position is responsible for ongoing, accurate and timely recording and analytical work related to but not limited to warehouse accounting.
- Creates, reviews and maintains master and accounting data in SAP mainly but not limited to warehouse accounting area;
- Processes, reviews and analyses the SAP transactions and account balances for area of responsibility, identifies and initiates required adjustments;
- Executes year-end and month-end accounting procedures and reconciliations relating to the area of responsibility;
- Designs and prepares financial reports for internal management and third parties, if required. Prepares exception and/or periodic reports, statements, schedules, summaries analysis and work papers relating to areas of warehouse accounting (and other areas as and if required);
- Monitors and ensures systems and reports comply with UNICEF#s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third party requirements;
- Participates in the design, testing and implementation of new and revised systems relating to area of responsibility. Designs Excel spreadsheets to support the monitoring of special projects;
- Recommends system and process improvements identified during performance of duties and responsibilities;
- Contributes to the regular review of business processes and manuals, and divisional and centre procedures;
- Performs other ad hoc tasks in related areas as required and provides back up to support colleagues within the unit and other business units.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Secondary education
- A minimum of 6 years of broad accounting experience, preferably in an international / governmental (non-profit
- Knowledge of computerized accounting application systems and procedures and IT software, e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English
- Commercial college certificate in accounting and/or university level courses in accounting, business or finance.
- Accounting qualification in ACCA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent diplomas in accounting, business administration, financial management, economics.
- Experience in warehouse accounting.
- Experience in the areas of project management and systems development.
- Fluency in another UN working language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French, Spanish)
How To Apply: