Under the guidance and supervision of the Area Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery in New York and other offices throughout the world were UNOPS operates to ensure consistent service delivery. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of statistical and status reporting
- Provision of administrative and secretarial support
- Provision of logistical support
- Provision of support to the project management office
- Other duties as required
Provides statistical and status reporting, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Input and extraction of data from various systems to prepare status and progress reports;
- Design and update of charts and statistical tables, using graphics software;
- Information-gathering and preparation of reports for statistical and monitoring purposes;
- Assistance to team members with computer use, document retrieval and dissemination of information.
Provides administrative and secretarial support to area coordinators, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely processing of incoming and outgoing mail and documentation; maintenance of the corresponding register and distribution as appropriate;
- Drafting of minutes, when required, and follow up as needed;
- Preparation of standard replies to queries, advice, statistics etc, seeking critical input from all parties concerned;
- Preparation of reports, charts, graphs and tables, applying skills in use of technology and information system in the organization, accuracy and compliance with UNOPS format and style;
- Establishment and maintenance of hard and on-line records for easy reference and retrieval. Closure/archiving of all files and final reports on systematic basis;
- Preparation of briefing materials as required for mission travel and/or discussion on project activities and status.
Provides logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to organization of meetings, conferences, workshops, retreats; preparation of agenda and logistics arrangements, including circulation of the documentation to be reviewed;
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations;
Provides support to project management office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to project management;
- Collection of information on project documentation and compliance;
- Support in costing estimation, resource assignment;
- Processing of project documentation includes assisting project managers globally in obtaining the corresponding approvals.
Other duties as required
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. A higher education may substitute some of the required years of experience.
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience in administrative and or HR/ Programme Support is required.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office 2007 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages is required.
Language requirements: Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.