For every child, a champion – How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Officer, The Admin and HR Associate provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for staff in Maldives Country Office while ensuring accurate and timely delivery. The staff would also be responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
We are looking for a dynamic Administrative and HR Associate to support UNICEF Maldives Operations in the following areas:
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best price for all travel.
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts. Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items. Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Monitors and checks adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Maintain hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information. Maintain attendance records / act as a leave focal point.
- Undertake all the actions required in the recruitment and placement of staff.
- In consultation with supervisor, researches and analyses data and information to help identify training needs within his/her country office for the development of learning plans and other targeted training interventions.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have:
Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Experience: A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required. Language Requirements: Fluency in English and in the Dhivehi Bas is required.