United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Manama, Bahrain
Budget and Finance:
- Advise and support the Director in the management of resources by:
- Forecast the consolidated financial requirements of ROWA;
- Monitor consolidated budget implementation;
- Assist the Regional Director with fundraising and co-financing to assist ROWA in seeking support from various sources;
- Provide the required financial management information packages;
- Advise the Regional Director on matters relating to the ROWA budget including counterpart contributions.
- Advise the Regional Director on the application of relevant UN Financial Rules and Regulations, procedures and guidelines.
- Support and facilitate programme management by;
- Lead, oversee and coordinate financial and human resources aspects in the preparation and implementation of the ROWA programme of work and budget;
- Oversee the preparation and revision of ROWA projects, following-up and monitor financial
- reporting of implementing partners;
- Coordinating monthly reports/billing to clients, payments to suppliers and quarterly reporting.
- Provide expert advice on correct procedures, interpretation of Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Assist and advise ROWA staff in the preparation of memoranda of understanding, letters of agreement, project co-operation agreements and similar documents determining relationships and joint activities between ROWA and partner bodies.
- Support the ROWA staff on audit recommendations and taking corrective action on audit findings.
- Coordinate financial reporting of ROWA to UNEP, donors and contributing partners.
- Participate in the management of human resources by;
- Supporting action covering the entire span of human resources activities, e.g. recruitment,
- placement, performance appraisal, vacancies, job classification reviews, training;
- Provide expert advice with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations;
- Review post incumbency reports for purposes of vacancy management and staffing table control.
- Provides general administrative services by;
- Act as bank signatory for ROWA;
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that accounting and financial management controls are consistent with UN policies and practice;
- Implement and monitor support services, including procurement of supplies and services and acting as ex officio in the local committee on contracts;
- Assist in the preparatory arrangements for meetings organized by ROWA, supervising the preparation of official travel arrangements for financed participants and certifying in accordance with UN rules;
- Supervise administrative support staff and provide advice as necessary on issues related to financial administration, human resources administration, and management information issues and practices to colleagues;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in accounting, finance, business or public administration or related field.
- A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting, administration or related field.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a substantive assessment which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
How To Apply: