United Nations Volunteers (UNV), Maputo, Mozambique
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures proper common services organization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Establish efficient and effective network system with UNDP relevant organizational units managing and coordinating activities and services;
- Proper planning and tracking of common services budget and of contributions to the common services account;
- Close collaboration with the Country UNDSS to ensure security of staff and premises.
Efficient administrative support and proper maintenance of Country Office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support execution of the activities in relation to the work plan;
- Support with maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and closing of accounts;
- Contribute towards enabling protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters. Ensure supporting documentation on shipments and customs clearance, tax exonerations;
- Support proper management of office assets and facilities;
- Support timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports;
- Support coordination of the provision of reliable country office stationery and supplies for a proper organizational communication.
Ensure efficient supervision of transportation services on achievement of the following results:
- Support coordination and supervision of driver ensuring proper management of driver’s schedule, efficient service, and calculation of overtime. Supervision of regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Support checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report;
- Support prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
Ensures provision of efficient procurement support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Processing of request of personal action for temporary human resources in line with UNDP policies and procedures, providing terms of reference, committing documents and ensure provision of contract;
- Processing organization of procurement requirements including preparation of required committing documents, receipts and payments;
- Compliance with corporate rules and regulations of the organization and UNDP, participating in the selection and evaluation of vendors, quality management and performance measurement;
- Oversight of procurement processes and logistical services in accordance with UNDP and IFAD rules and regulations, as applicable.
Office Management (front-desk services) focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Manage and input in the automated electronic systems related to the provision of administrative services (e.g: PeopleSoft, Lotus etc.); recommend improvements, updates and/or changes;
- Preparation of memos, letter and administrative information notes ensuring relevant IFAD Manual(s) sections and UNDP’s policies were consulted;
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing briefing, directions and accurate information;
- Management and planning of the front desk and office coverage;
- Coordinate meeting and workshop requirements;
- Provision of reliable registry and archiving services.
- Degree in business or public administration, social studies, humanities, international relations or any related field.
- At least two years’ relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Qualifying work experience in budget and accounting analysis would be an asset;
- Ability to set out a coherent argument in presentations and group interactions and capacity to communicate fluently with different counterparts to build networks;
- Understanding of main processes and methods and best practice in relation to the duties;
- Ability to use effectively Microsoft Office basic software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and Internet applications and information technology software as applicable to the duties assigned;
- Writes clearly, succinctly and convincingly listens and communicates effectively to engage others.
- Full command of English and Portuguese is essential;
- Working knowledge of other IFAD official languages Arabic, French and Spanish is an asset.
How To Apply: