Under the supervision of the Women's Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Coordinator and the WPE Senior Manager and working closely with the Adolescent Girls Officers (AGOs) in Bekaa, Tripoli (5) and Akkar, the Adolescent Girls Manager will strengthen the capacity of WPE staff, volunteers, mentors and partners through technical support, ongoing training, resource development and conduct regular meetings with staff and mentors to monitor progress of activities and address any challenges.
- Capacity Building/Technical Support
- Oversee the implementation of adolescent girl focused activities (My Safety, My Wellbeing Curriculum and Life Skills through Drama) in all operating locations and provide feedback to the facilitators and managers.
- Provide training and mentoring to key staff and partners on the My Safety, My Wellbeing curriculum to develop a strong understanding and technical competency for adolescent girls programming;
- Provide technical support and guidance to staff and partners implementing the Life Skills through Drama in mobile spaces.
- Oversee the ongoing implementation of the adolescent girl mentors initiative in all IRC WGCCs and mobile locations with the WPE Managers and Adolescent Girls Officers.
- Assess gaps and needs within the teams regarding adolescent girl programming and recommend and participate in capacity building plans with the WPE Managers.
- Ongoing technical support to AGOs, to build their capacity in adolescent girl programming, through mentoring, coaching, regular meetings and support them in resource and tool development.
- Strengthen mentor capacity through identification of capacity needs and tailoring training to address these needs
- Strengthen the capacity of the Adolescent Girl Officers who will work closely with mentors, to enable them to identify mentors and mentees and provide day to day support to mentors.
- Support other IRC programmes implementing activities with adolescent girls to improve approaches and interventions through mentoring and coaching
- Working closely with WPE Managers, support the integration of adolescent girl approaches and best practice into existing WPE components related to community mobilization, emotional support, psychosocial support and case management.
- Strengthen prevention and response strategies to address key concerns and key GBV risks faced by adolescent girls including early marriage, harassment and isolation.
- Observe and analyze key trends regarding adolescent girls and GBV and ensure that these issues are highlighted to the program team to ensure they are reflected in program implementation.
- Support the adaptation of the resources for married and engaged girls and facilitate the roll out of the strategy across Lebanon
- Support in the ongoing development of already existing or new tools (e.g.: Focus Group Discussion) for male gatekeepers on topics related to adolescent girls, based on identified needs, in collaboration with key staff (WPE Managers, Male Engagement Officers and Adolescent Girls Officers).
- Guide the development and adaptation of materials and resources for mentors, targeted adolescent girls and staff on topics and tools related to adolescent girls.
- Develop training resources for staff, Adolescent Girl Officers/Assistants/Focal Points, mentors and partners based on identified gaps.
- Ensure newly developed WPE tools are tailored towards the needs of adolescent girls.
- Oversee the implementation of M&E components of the program, ensuring data is collected and analyzed and results shared in collaboration with the WPE Coordinator, Senior WPE Manager, and M&E Officer.
- Follow up on the data tracker sheet, attendance and the pre-post tests of AGs in the curriculums.
- Provide simple analysis on the numbers of girls being reached, through different activities, and highlight areas where further work could be done
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: WPE Coordinator
Position directly supervises: None
Position works with: Case Workers, Community Mobilizers, Adolescent Girls Assistants, Program Manager and Adolescent Girls Manager.
Education: University degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gender, Public Health, Human Rights or other related field
- Professional experience in GBV prevention and response programs in emergency
- Experience in working with adolescent girls in empowerment, life-skills or risk mitigation programs.
- Thorough understanding of best practices in GBV response and GBV primary prevention and risk reduction
- Experience training, mentoring and coaching staff on new program approaches and core competencies
- Previous experience of program management required.
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against girls.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English required
Working Environment: Travel and other requirements: Staff will be based in Beirut, with extensive trainings in different fields (70% field work, 30% office based work).