9 months, approximate start date late November/December 2016
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Development Gateway (DG) is currently implementing an exciting multi-year program with a dozen country governments to create and encourage the use of geospatial data for development. DG has partnered with major development partners, government institutions, and NGO and academic partners to promote geospatial data collection and use to improve development outcomes. The Aid Management Consultant will be an integral part of this program.
The Aid Management Consultant (AMC) will build the capacity of Government of Bangladesh counterparts in the Ministry of Finance to create and use geospatial data on aid activities throughout the country. This includes support to Ministry staff in coordinating data inputs and updates by partners in the government and funder community, capacity building for data management, and training of government and DP staff to analyze and use GIS data for planning, monitoring, evaluation and policy.
The AMC will work in partnership with government staff to implement a sustainable process for data collection, and help develop skills and tools for data analysis within the government of Bangladesh. In addition, the AMC will work with the government to coordinate the update of geospatial information, including collecting relevant documentation from development partners and government and conducting training on usage of GIS data. The AMC will train partners on different tools and methods for policy-oriented analysis (especially geospatial analysis) and assist in designing and training for the roll-out of a newly-developed GIS visualization system.
The AMC will also train users on the new GIS system, track any issues reported with system usage, and serve as the first point of contact for questions from users.
● Coordination of in-country collection of geospatial data
● Validation of data in the system; checking for data inaccuracies and data completeness
● Support the preparation of report and donor profiles
● Preparation of professional presentations for meetings
● Daily collaboration with government partners to fine tune and implement data validation, reporting and
accountability mechanisms and processes for data collection
● Continuous training of the business administrators and development partners (as needed)
● Liaising with the DG technical team regarding technical issues or questions from partners
Experience and Skills:
● BA; At least 5 years of project management experience
● Excellent communication skills
● Fluency in English and Bengali
● Capability to work independently and with a team
● Excellent knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point)
● GIS experience preferred
● Experience in training and capacity building
● Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills
● High level of comfort adapting to new systems and technologies
● Demonstrated self-direction and personal initiative
● Prior experience working in Bangladesh
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org **. Please put “Bangladesh Aid Management Consultant” in the subject line. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.**