Application Software Development Team Lead
CDM Smith, Bangalore, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
CDM Smith is looking to hire a talented Oracle EBS Senior Application Software Developer to assist in Business Technology application development group.The Oracle Senior Application Software Developer position is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining business solutions, supporting day to day production issues in the Oracle EBusiness Suite and several other peripheral environments, assisting Business Analysts and participating in architecture and design initiatives. The individual will adhere to the organization’s formal best practices, change management and system development lifecycle. The individual must be self-driven and must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.The candidate will participate in fulfilling project needs around Oracle Ebusiness Suite for internal and/or external customers. This individual will assist with daily production support related activities and other enhancements/project initiatives.
- Collect and document business requirements.
- Develop technical requirement documents on the basis of business process needs or a functional design document.
- Perform gap analysis for various business requirements. Take ownership of the solution design, development, unit-testing and code migration.
- Complete identified and required development work to support and extend the Oracle Ebusiness Suite (EBS) technology stack for Procure to Pay and Oracle Projects business processes in timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain various interfaces, conversions, reports, workflows and other technical objects as per business requirements.
- Analyze and isolate application issues, perform problem resolutions independently.
- Improve systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise, trends, and best practices. Aware of new and emerging technologies in Oracle projects and P2P subject areas.
- Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of critical production jobs and drive towards resolution. Issues can be raised by business analyst or user community.
- Work closely with AMS and Internal teams. Must be team player.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
- 6-8 plus years job experience supporting IT functions in engineering or construction industry
- Experience and strong understanding of Oracle EBS R12 functionality is a must.
- Should have experience with at least 2 full lifecycle of Oracle EBS projects.
- 8 plus years using: Oracle Ebusiness Suite R12 and Integrations with related bolt-on applications like Concur, Papervision
- Experience in atleast 4 of following Oracle Application modules: Oracle Projects, iProcurement, OTL, Purchasing, Oracle financials (AP, AR, GL, CM, FA)
- Strong understanding of Oracle APIs and open interfaces along with experience developing and support Oracle Projects billing extensions
- Strong understanding of AOL, Form personalization, custom.pll, Concurrent Processing etc.
- Strong hands on experience in Oracle EBS development technologies (including Oracle Reports, Forms , OA Framework, PL/SQL, SQL, Workflow, Unix shell scripting, BI Publisher).
- Basic understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Understand and implement/modify the Application Configuration as required (includes system setups, flex-fields, workflow builder, custom library, profile options, etc.).
- Good understanding of Oracle SOA and Web Services is a plus.