What to do if you missed a phone call from your prospective employer?
- BY Amber Wilson
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, actually CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
POSITION: Area Administrator/Finance Officers
JOB LOCATION: Sierra Leone, Pujehun District
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION 6-12 months
- Diploma in Accounting, Degree in Business and Administration or related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; good knowledge of Italian will be an asset
- Long-lasting experience in administrative management of international cooperation projects in developing countries
The administrator will work closely with the area maanger and project managers, coordinating the administrative management of all projects in the area, ensuring compliance with administrative and procurement procedures, preparing financial reporting and overseeing the management and the keeping of accounting by the local accountant.
The specific tasks will be:
• Supervise the local accountant
• Ensuring supporting documents adequate for reporting and in line with procedures
• Monitoring project expenditure and support project managers in planning and preparing periodic financial reports
• Managing bank account and cash related to the projects, ensuring documentation
• Supporting project managers in preparing quarterly fund request
• Verifying the application of the administrative and procurement procedures
• Guaranteeing that projects activities are properly documented
• Supporting project managers in the management of local staff and deal with contracts
SALARY: to be defined based on candidate's professional experience
Please apply by website: http://www.mediciconlafrica.org/en/application/
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Selection interviews will take place at Cuamm HQ in Italy (Padua) or at Country offices in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. The NGO does not cover travel expenses for selection