Assistant Vice President, State Initiatives
Microfinance Institutions Network, Mumbai, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organise and steer State Chapter Meetings
- Actively participate in the State Association Meetings
- Facilitate better coordination at the district level by lead MFI in each district
- Documenting compliance and non-compliance with MFIN Code of Conduct, including field visits of MFIs and their branches
- Organising regular awareness program among policy makers
- Communicating regularly with all members and stakeholders
- Organising capacity building initiatives of MFIN in the states
- Take other responsibilities as advised by Line Manager.
Management and Review
- Providing logistical support to any MFIN program in the western region
- Quick assessment reports in times of crisis and coordinating ground level interventions
- Facilitating State and District Level Stakeholders meetings
- Preparing and submitting periodical reports to MFIN head office
- Identifying appropriate partners at the state / regional level for fulfilling the objective of MFIN
- Ensuring coherence with the policies, objectives and overall work plans of MFIN
- Contributing in state initiative team work
- A commitment to MFIN’s core values of human dignity and worth.
- Sensitivity towards gender, ethnic and cultural identities.
- Able to represent MFIN and its state chapter to diverse set of stakeholders.
- Able to lead the associational agenda at the state and regional level.
- Able to develop compelling arguments for presenting members work by effectively using internal and external resources.
- Able to convert members’ expectations from the association into programs and intervention.
- Have good understanding of the issues and challenges of microfinance sector.
- A result oriented professional with 5-8 years of experience in the field of micro finance/ financial inclusion, coupled with strong inter-personal skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Acumen towards creating dialogue and policy platforms to negotiate conflicts between different stakeholders.
- Having good drafting skills
- Good command on Marathi and English is essential, knowledge of Gujarati and Hindi languages would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated excellence in working across spectrum of stakeholders ranges from communities, institutions both in the private sector and the development sector and the policy making bodies for the national and state level.
- Deft in planning, organizing, supervising and integrating the work as proposed by the association.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Have good understanding of the operations of microfinance institutions.
- Able to travel and work away from home for up to 25% of time, both within the country and occasionally internationally and some weekend work