Assitant to the MSF Representative to the EU
Médecins Sans Frontières, Brussels, Belgium
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors without borders (MSF)
Assistant to the Representative of MSF to the EU and NATO
- 6 months internship as Assistant to the Representative of Médecins Sans Frontières to the European Union and NATO
- Duration: January – June 2018
MSF is an international independent medical humanitarian organisation that provides impartial emergency aid to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters, and exclusion from healthcare in over 60 countries.
For its humanitarian diplomatic service, the MSF International office recruits a trainee to assist the Representative to the European Union in order to implement a coherent and efficient strategy with the European institutions (Commission, Parliament, Council, and Permanent Representations), NATO, Third-Countries Embassies, OSCE and Think-Tanks present in Brussels.
- Monitoring of the EU institutions and NATO (debates, politics, decisions)
- Monitoring Humanitarian Crises and Humanitarian actors
- Attending conferences, meetings, relevant events
- Updating relevant representatives on various questions regarding MSF activities.
- Any other activity
- Degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Development, Humanitarian affairs or other relevant field
- Knowledge of EU institutions and NATO
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Affairs
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- Preferable fluency in French
- Adaptation capacity, good social skills, time-management skills, autonomy, reliability
- Internship with convention de stage from the trainee’s university
- Full-time internship for 6 months
- Based in the MSF Operational Centre Brussels
- Unpaid, except for the reimbursement of transport expenses and free access to the cafeteria - The trainee must have the ability to work and live in the
Source :- http://www.msf.org/en/how-apply