Associate Finance & Administration Coordinator
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Sydney, Australia
Closing Date for Applications:
- To assist in the areas of financial management, control, reporting, and administration.
Works independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or National Staff):
- Maintains accurate and timely accounting records of all the Resident Mission’s (RM’s) financial transactions relating to both operational and administrative activities, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews, verifies, and validates within closely defined ADB procedures and guidelines and under direct guidance the accuracy and propriety of supporting documentation from internal and external claims; payments and various other accounting transactions, including all medical claims and staff benefits; processes transactions through the preparation of appropriate disbursement or journal vouchers or other relevant payment documentation; carries out the daily/periodic banking functions (deposits, withdrawals, and reconciliations) and disbursement of the RM’s operational and administrative activities.
- Prepares, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures the necessary documentation for the liquidation of monthly financial transactions; creates e-copies of vouchers and their supporting documentation; maintains the hard and e-filing system on finance matters. Assists with maintenance of Central Filing System in the office.
- Handles the office’s petty cash.
- Prepares/verifies the necessary purchase orders, vouchers, receipts, and other supporting documentation for the RM’s financial transactions, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures.
- Pepares and submits through the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO), to the Regional Director (RD PLCO), monthly, quarterly, and annual budget and accounting reports to ADB Headquarters (HQ) as required, and ad hoc reports requested by the RM Management and ADB HQ.
- Monitors and analyses the utilization of the RM’s financial expenditures, to ensure that expenditures are properly accounted for and that deviation from forecasts are justified, and reports them regularly to FAO and RD PLCO.
- Assists FAO and RD PLCO in the budget reviews and prepares and maintains data inputs necessary for the budget mid-year, revised, and annual financial estimates.
- Assists the FAO in reviewing Mission Authorization Requests (MARs), Travel Authorization Requests (TRAs), and Requests for Reimbursement of Business Travel (RRBTs).
- Liaises with government officials on tax and other relevant matters.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics or other related subjects.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience preferably in an international organization, of which at least 3 years are in financial accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge in accounting and commercial matters;
- Proficient in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets, and graphics, PowerPoint, web-browsing and search engines), and accounting software
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Flexible/willing to perform a variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong problem solving capacity
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Able to take initiative and work proactively