Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (MELP) in Jordan, funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Amman, Jordan. This Project will provide a range of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) services relevant to USAID/Jordan’s portfolio of programs which focuses on: economic growth, capacity building, democracy and governance, public service delivery, and gender equality and female empowerment.
Technical services provided under this contract are expected to include:
- Evaluation planning and implementation
- M&E Mission Training and Technical Assistance (TA)
- M&E Support for Implementing Partners
- Review/establish Baselines and Targets, including Surveys and Studies
- Strategic Communication and Strengthened Collaboration
- Support Design and Implementation of the Mission Performance Management Plan (PMP)
- Schedule/Conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs)
- Establish/Improve Mission-wide Geographical Information and/or Management Information Systems (GIS/MIS)
The Chief of Party will require experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills. Expected responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Jordan COR and Contracting Officer.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Recruit and supervise short-term national and international consultants for evaluations
- At least ten years of experience working in project management in developing countries, preferably including experience in the Middle East.
- An advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably in International Development and/or Development Management with an emphasis on M&E.
- Experience designing and leading evaluations.
- Experience with the development and/or review of PMPs.
- Knowledge of M&E data collection methodologies and data quality standards.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs.
- Experience conducting training and capacity building activities in M&E.
- Familiarity with database development preferred