Chief of Party
The Asia Foundation, Sri Lanka
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. The Foundation seeks an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated four-year, multi-million dollar Social Cohesion and Reconciliation Program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program will positively transform relationships across traditional lines of division and foster the development of a common national identify among all Sri Lankans by supporting institutions, processes and stakeholders at the national, subnational and community levels.
The COP will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership, and guidance for the program. Candidates should be seasoned development professionals who will be responsible for the essential duties and who possess the qualifications below:
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID for procedural and substantive matters, and be responsible for quality control of the technical aspects of performance, procurement, personnel, reporting, and other management-related requirements of the cooperative agreement;
- Provide technical leadership for program activities including conceptualizing, designing, implementing and monitoring innovative, cutting-edge programming activities;
- Build and manage relationships with partners and USAID counterparts in Colombo, including meeting and consulting regularly with USAID regarding the program’s performance and direction;
- Supervise a multi-cultural team of professionals and experts across various technical and functional areas (e.g. social cohesion and reconciliation, research, monitoring and evaluation, etc.)
- Relevant advanced degree in international development, social science, conflict management (including post-conflict reconciliation and social cohesion), public policy, or a related field of study;
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ progressively responsible experience in international development, with at least five (5) years of senior managerial-level experience in a developing country, preferably in Sri Lanka or South Asia;
- Demonstrated capabilities in high-level strategic visioning and leadership, and experience working effectively with senior government officials/agencies, civil society, local, and national government authorities and with USAID and/or other development partners and donors;
- Demonstrated leadership/managerial, technical, and administrative skills in program management, including managing budgets and personnel, motivating and supervising team efforts, and achieving success in complex activities, preferably in Sri Lanka or South Asia;
- Demonstrated experience working across ethnic, religious, and language identify groups, as well as marginalized groups such as women, youth, and persons with disability;
- Proven effectiveness in relationships with counterparts, partners, and clients, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Previous experience managing USG-funded programs of similar scale and scope highly preferred; and • Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in Sinhala and/or Tamil preferred.