Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of this project is to strengthen the capacity of Intermediate Support Organizations (ISOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Mexico, which includes USAID/Mexico’s current local partners, to enhance aid effectiveness and to improve strategic alliances with the private sector that promote USAID/Mexico’s development objectives.
Position Description: SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the USAID/Mexico Civil Society Activity to oversee and lead all program activities, deliverables, and staff. This position will be full-time and based in Mexico.
The Chief of Party is responsible for leading and managing the overall technical, managerial and administrative operations of the CSA project:
- Oversee all technical aspects of contract performance, provide central oversight, and maintain acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned.
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Mexico-based staff, and consultants.
- Serve as the primary liaison to USAID and Mexican stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure that project assistance is technically sound and appropriate for each component
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, quality assurance, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge to local staff.
- Serve as main point of contact for safety and security protocol, collaborating with HQ on security plans and overseeing the implementation of security protocol.
- Support financial compliance to USAID regulations for SI, its partners and grantees.
- Recruit and supervise the team of expatriate short-term consultants and local staff, in consultation with Social Impact’s Program Management Unit.
- Ensure the cost-effective use of Social Impact resources
- Master’s degree in law, social work, criminal or juvenile justice, public or business administration, community development or a related field required;
- Minimum of ten years of prior related management experience required.
- Must have at least five years of experience as a Chief of Party on civil society or Democracy and Governance project in Latin America.
- Demonstrated experience in working with a range of stakeholders including ISOs and CSOs, private sector, and high-level government officials to support a program’s objectives.
- Experience working in Mexico with local CSOs and proven capacity to facilitate coordination amongst diverse sectors required.
- Prior experience with grants under contract (GUC) required.
- Experience with both HICD and Local Systems approaches desired.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical oversight and management to a high value grants under contract portfolio.
- Experience working with international cooperation agencies is highly desirable.
- Written and spoken Spanish at an equivalent 3/3 Foreign Service Institute (FSI) level required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.