Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming USAID Community Strengthening Project in Burma. The project will design and implement interventions to strengthen communities in areas affected by or prone to conflict to improve access to essential services, recover from conflict, improve their resilience to future shocks, and empower them to more fully participate in Myanmar’s democratic transition and national reconciliation processes. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Act as the primary liaison with USAID/Burma on technical matters, and adjust programming and operations in response to USAID/Burma technical direction;
- Respond to the designated COR and USAID/Burma’s Contracting Officer;
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness and performance of the activity;
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the entire activity, and ensure an integrated vision and strategy among different components and actors;
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments.
- At least 8 years of experience on donor-funded projects in a management role, with at least 5 years managing large-scale USAID-funded programs;
- Experience in Myanmar or other Asian or Southeast Asian countries undergoing transition;
- Experience with grant management, preferably small in-kind and cash grants;
- Experience with community involvement in the delivery of essential services;
- Experience with peacebuilding or national reconciliation programs;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with local civil society organizations;
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized donor-supported programs;
- Skills in high-level strategic visioning and leadership, and experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.