Chief Of Party/Program Director
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
The Rice and Diversified Crops activity fosters growth and reduces poverty through improving the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of the selected crops in the Feed The Future Zone of Influence to the benefit of large numbers of men and women and their families in rural households and farms. We are looking for a leader who will drive the strategy, learning and implementation using the latest market systems approaches and thinking. The RDC COP will be responsible for development of market based strategies and facilitation of private sector engagement in crop diversification. He/she will manage all technical and operational components of the project; the position is based in Dhaka with the frequent travel to the project sites within Bangladesh.
- Lead a project team in development of market sector/commodity strategies, design of interventions that address systemic market system constraints to promoting rice diversification and crop diversification in the FtF zone
- Lead the senior technical management team in the development and implementation of strategies to strengthen private sector investment in the rice, maize, pulses and oilseed crops
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to develop an effective integrated approach to market systems facilitation among the key project components, related actors and private sector partners
- Design strategies with team members and program partners that integrate nutrition, agricultural technology adoption, off-farm labor, and gender issues
- Manage a team of technical experts to ensure that cross-cutting issues are effectively integrated into the project implementation in alignment with the results framework
- Manage the preparation and presentation of proposed implementation plans and reports
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and guide program implementation to achieve maximum impact
- Develop systems that support RDC’s collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) approach, including establishing a culture of adaptive management
- Administer the project's financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established ACDIIVOCA's accounting principles and USAID regulations
- Liaise with Government of Bangladesh officials at national and local levels as well as with USAID and other donors
- Coordinate regularly with ACDIIVOCA's Headquarters and represent the organization at relevant events and meetings with Government officials and the donor community
- Advanced degree in Agricultural Economics, Business Administration or related filed
- Minimum 10 years of experience in market systems development, value chains, facilitation of private sector investment in agribusiness
- Previous experience as a COP, Project Director, Team Leader or similar senior management position for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries
- Experience using market systems and facilitation approaches to strengthen agricultural value chains
- Experience facilitating private sector partnership required
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Fluency in English required
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in South Asia preferred.