Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist
Plan International, North Region of Cameroon, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
- We are looking for exceptional, highly experienced Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist to join our team responding to the humanitarian crisis in the North Region of Cameroon.
- You will be responsible for assessment, response analysis, design and implementation of the child protection components of PLAN’s emergency response.
- You will co-ordinate with other Emergency Response team members and PLAN staff, especially Implementation Management, health, education and other relevant technical sectors, to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response.
- In addition you will need to ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs and possible scenarios.
- Depending on the situation the specialist may need to take a very active role in technical co-ordination, support and advocacy with the country specific child protection Clusters and other stakeholders and technical agencies relevant to the sector.
- Significant field experience in child protection in emergencies work.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in implementing community-based child protection responses.
- Experience with participatory learning approaches.
- Experience of conducting child protection assessments in emergency contexts.
- Experience of training on child protection technical areas with a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent in relevant field