For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose for the job:
Toprovide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks Support to programme development and planning:
- Conduct /update situation analysis for child protection issues such as violence against children and harmful social norms like child marriage, as well as analyze the existing child protection system, including justice systems, law enforcement, and community-based preventive mechanisms.
- Research and report on development trends and (economic, social, health etc) data for use in programme development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of child protection programme goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of child protection and other related information for development planning and priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical, programme, operational and administrative transactions, preparing related materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support programme planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required programme documentation/materials/data to facilitate the programme review and approval process.
- A University Degree in international development, law, international law, human rights, psychology, sociology, or other social science field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in child protection and related areas such as development/implementation of legal aid related programmes for children/women, development of gender/protection legislation is an asset.
- Programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.