What to do if you missed a phone call from your prospective employer?
- BY Amber Wilson
· The Civil Engineer for Sanitation and Structural Planning and Design will report to the Architect.
· The engineer will assess, design and inspect engineering systems in correctional facilities, promote professional engineering education and ensuring code compliance for sustainability of engineering
· Ability to relate to professionals from other cultures, to mentor and to develop training materials for Afghanistan’s Ministry of the Interior Central Prison Directorate is a key part of this position.
· The Civil Engineer will provide civil engineering expertise and technical support for the CPD, provide drawings, specifications and estimates for bidding and construction, and assist in the establishment of accurate Bills of Quantity and cost estimates for all civil engineering works.
· He/she will provide on-site monitoring of construction and rehabilitation activities to ensure the on-going work conforms to approved designs, drawings, and the scope of work.
· He/she will perform, demonstrate and report continuous adequate safety measures applicable while construction works progresses.
· He/she will perform other duties as assigned include manages the team for shot periods when the Team Lead is not present.
Education and/or Experience
· An engineering degree (mins. 4 year) from an accredited University and a governmental sanctioned license to practice is essential. Note: Licenses from non-US jurisdictions need supporting documentation to show equivalent requirements to US standards; or equivalent to a minimum of 6 years’ experience in design engineering for large scale projects (in excess of 1000 users).
· A working knowledge and experience in planning and designing for sanitation and structural design applications.
· Actual civil engineering working projects showing innovation, sustainability, and ease in maintenance should be listed with appropriate reference.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to relate to professionals from other cultures, to mentor and to develop training materials for Afghanistan’s Ministry of Interior correctional staffs to ensure sustainable oversight and operation Prior oversees experience in a conflict zone is preferred.
· Knowledge of AUTO CAD programs for design and depiction including AUTO CAD CIVIL.