ECPAT International is a global network of civil society organisations working together to ensure that children everywhere enjoy their fundamental rights, free and secure from all forms of sexual exploitation.
The ECPAT network currently has 103 member organisations in 93 countries. All members are independent organisations or coalitions working against the sexual exploitation of children (SEC). The Secretariat of the network is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
ECPAT’s capacity to accelerate progress against SEC requires a stronger and more effective Network, served by a responsive and unifying Secretariat. The movement requires enhanced global and regional collaboration, greater shared understanding, clarity of direction and a focus on common goals. Successful network development links national, regional and international efforts, with clear accountability among the different parts of the organization – in order to bring positive results for children.
Overall Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Head of Communication, the Communication Associate will support the implementation of ECPAT International’s online and offline communication strategies, both within the network and towards the wider public and stakeholders.
- Support the communication of key advocacy and campaign events;
- Manage ECPAT’s online and social media platforms, including by helping to write and develop content;
- Solicit and refine story and other content ideas from staff and member organizations;
- Help implement other aspects of ECPAT International’s online communication plan to effectively engage supporters, partners and target decision-makers;
- Manage the ECPAT info-account and coordinate responses to incoming queries and requests;
- Support the Head of Communication with the development of media materials (including, but not limited to press releases, Q&As, and opinion pieces) in multiple formats (print/broadcast/web);
- Coordinate translation and distribution of documents;
- Support the organization of public events, including press conferences; and
- Coordinate the timely production, printing and dissemination of ECPAT visibility materials as well as institutional materials (brochures, annual reports).
Internal Network Communications
- Manage the Network Hub (Intranet), including by administering accounts, as well as supporting and encouraging ECPAT members using the Hub;
- Assist staff, interns and member groups with posting, editing and overall use of the Hub;
- Manage the dissemination of official ECPAT Network communications, including through posting on the Hub, coordinate necessary translations and maintain archival system;
- Serve as focal point for all mailing and surveys to the Network; and
- Help develop, design and disseminate the monthly ECPAT e-Bulletin in four languages, through collecting information from the Hub and Member groups. Manage e-Bulletin distribution lists.
- Provide effective communication support to all ECPAT fundraising and grant management activities, including writing and/or editing of concept notes, proposals and reports;
- Coordinate and implement the communications and stewardship with public donors (acknowledgements, newsletters, etc); and
- Any other activities specified by senior management or supervisors.
- University degree or equivalent qualification in communication, journalism, public relations, media, social marketing, social media, development communication, or other related fields;
- A minimum of two years relevant professional experience working in the fields of communication, campaigning, journalism, advertising or public relations;
- Demonstrated experience in managing digital communication and social media;
- Strong writing skills; and
- Fluency in the English language (written and verbal);
Qualifications that will be considered an asset
Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Human rights;
- Child rights;
- Development; or
- NGO, charity or UN Agency work.
- Knowledge of French, Spanish or Russian; and
- Experience with design/layout and/or video editing software.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, values and principles of ECPAT;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Ability to analyse and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and meet deadlines; and
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
Salary and benefits
ECPAT offers a competitive remuneration package and staff benefits.
Source : http://www.ecpat.org/about-ecpat/employment/