Wonder Foundation, London, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
This is a varied role for someone with initiative and team-spirit. Working within a small charity, this role is at the centre of our work with four key goals:
- To amplify the work and voices of our partners and projects
- To promote and share our vision
- To engage audiences in our events and campaigns
- To engage new and existing donors in our work to increase giving.
Key roles and duties
- To give the strategic direction for all communications objectives and targets, working closely with the Director, Director of Policy and Campaigns and Fundraising Manager.
- To manage and lead in the execution and drafting of all communications, working with other team members to amplify the impact and awareness of their projects, events and dissemination of results:
- Delivery, adjustment and monitoring of communications strategy, in conjunction with organisational objectives.
- Social media communications –Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Write newsletters, for which you will need to collect material.
- Manage website interface, content and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Create and edit written and graphic content for blogs and social media.
- Media relations - reaching out to journalists, bloggers and organisations where relevant
- Upload and manage YouTube content.
- Edit and manage publications, including the annual report and research.
- To recruit and manage interns and volunteers who are working on communications projects such as copy-editing, graphic design, videography and photography.
- To undertake other appropriate duties as required.
Essential skills and experience (in either paid or voluntary capacities)
- Strong, engaging and accurate writing skills
- Social media management
- Demonstrable interest and engagement in issues related to women’s rights and education and/or global development.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of dynamic team.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple streams of work at once.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and adapt to change.
- Ability to understand and communicate with diverse audiences Desirable skills and experience (we would not expect you to have all of these)
- Understanding of Drupal and/or website content management interfaces in general.
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Basic abilities across Adobe suite of programmes: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience of managing others, including volunteers
- Marketing experience