Human Appeal, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
Main Job Purpose
This role supports the campaigns team on a wide range of projects, leading on small to medium sized sub-projects. The role holder will provide ad-hoc internal communications support, help develop campaign material and create and manage tools relating to monitoring and evaluation. The role holder will also be required to provide general administrative support.
Key Result Indicator
- Support members of the team with a wide range of projects and campaign activities across the broad spectrum of the campaign activities, including key campaign such as Ramadan and Qurbani.
- Support and lead on smaller sub-projects
- Develop campaign material and briefs
- Support the delivery of our campaign
- Provide ad-hoc internal communications support, e.g. developing internal communication bulletins, developing and updating databases and creating internal platform pages
- Provide administrative support to the team including financial administration, material distribution, minute taking, meeting set up and also to the Director’s, which will also include international travel support
- Able to manage content and archive older campaigns and material.
- Online / Offline research as required
- Assisting, and at times leading, on the logistics of internal and external international meetings.
- Creating and managing Excel spreadsheets relating to monitoring and evaluation and distribution lists
- Experience in a campaigns / communications environment.
- Degree calibre or qualified by professional experience in communications or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate to people of different cultural backgrounds
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong technical aptitude in MS Office.
- Enthusiastic, proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Commitment to Human Appeal's mission.
- Experience in a campaigns role preferably within an international NGO
- skills in other languages would be an advantage
- Organised, with an ability to meet deadlines and high standards of quality
- Ability to manage smaller projects, with appropriate support
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work with a rapidly-changing set of priorities
- Strong attention to detail (able to proof text and design)
- Ability to manage own workload, with some supervision
- Able to produce creative ideas
- A high level of computer literacy
- Experience in using the internet and other web based resources
- Strong technical aptitude in MS Office
- Has a good understanding of creative software such as adobe
- Enthusiastic, proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude
- An interest in communications and development issues
Competencies are descriptions of the skills, abilities and characteristics that are associated with effective performance in a job.
- Adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting stakeholders’ expectations
- Working with people
- Presenting and communicating information
- Creating and innovating
- Relating and networking
- Ideally project management qualification
- Educated to degree level, Ideally in related field
Experience: 1-3 years experience in a similar role
Computer skills: Intermediate level skills MS office (Including excel), Computer savy
Languages: Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages are a bonus, especially Arabic or mainstream Asian Language.