NRC opened our offices in Lebanon in 2006 and through our Lebanon programme, we support everyone affected by displacement – refugees as well as host communities. We help them fight for their rights and overcome the everyday hardships they face. We focus on providing legal assistance and shelter, and advocating for refugee rights inside the country, regionally, and internationally. NRC has offices located in Beirut, Tyre, Tal Abbas and Zahle. Because refugees in Lebanon live side-by-side with the Lebanese, we also work to serve the local communities hosting displaced people. In all NRC projects, our experts work together to maximise the impact of our activities.
The Madad consortium comprises the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), Oxfam, World Vision International (WVI) and Gruppo di Volontario Civile (GVC) who have joined together to implement Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programming funded by the EU Madad Trust Fund.
The proposed project undertaken by the consortium will contribute to effective, sustainable and multi-level water governance in crisis affected Lebanon, through empowering local and regional authorities and demonstrating cost effective system for water service provision. The project will target vulnerable Lebanese and Syrian refugee communities in the Bekaa.
Filling this post is subject to funding which is currently under review
This position will be hosted by the lead agency, NRC, which has been working Lebanon since 2006. Although hosted by NRC, including in terms of organisational procedures such as logistics, finance and security, there will be a degree of separation and independence of the Chief of Party and consortium management, as NRC is also implementing within the consortium.
Role Specific Information
- Ensuring delivery of the project’s objectives and accountability to consortium partners and the donor;
- Further develop and improve the consortium project to respond to needs of beneficiaries
- Leads the coordination between consortium partners on a day-to-day basis as well as convene and provide reporting to steering committee meetings.
- Recruiting, hiring, and managing consortium-specific staff, consultants, and sub-contractors as needed to carry out activities;
- Line Management responsibility for staff as per summary table and others as necessary.
- Represent consortium with in-country donors, Government Ministries, NGOs, build relationships and actively participate in the coordination of the response.
- Develop a multi-year funding strategy, programme forecasts and identify funding opportunities, taking particular account of changing donor priorities as the crisis becomes more protracted.
- Develop project proposals in collaboration with relevant consortium member staff and coordinate input for reporting to donors.
- Accountable for compliance in relation to grant management and project cycle management processes.
- Responsible for quality control of donor applications and reports, for content and timeliness.
- Responsible for full grants and proposals management;
- Ensure that all grant files are up to date and that copies are kept in the field and sent to HQ in a timely manner;
- Under the guidance of the Consortium steering committee and reporting to Head of Programmes the Consortium Chief of Party will manage the multi-INGO consortium.
- Overseeing the overall programmatic and financial performance of the consortium, including project planning and budget follow-up;
- Working closely with the consortium’s Steering Committee consisting of consortium partners to ensure that each partner delivers their parts of the project;
- Incorporating technical inputs from the consortium’s Technical Working Group to maintain a high level of project quality;
- Engage with related policy and advocacy work to advance the objectives of the consortium.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 4 years’ senior project management position working in consortia, partnerships or equivalent structures, with responsibility for programming in a humanitarian/protracted crisis or development context, and experience working in a complex/ volatile context.
- Experience of working with EU (DevCo) funding mechanisms. Expertise in WASH is an advantage.
- We are seeking a diplomatic, confident, and representative candidate who can represent the organization at national or international levels. In addition to very good negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinking skills, and interest in working and coordinating with different donors and actors to achieve efficiency.
- Some knowledge of the context in Lebanon is an advantage.