Consultant –Nigeria Data Management and Protection Review
Mercy Corps, Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
- Produce a case study comparing learning from data management and protection practices of Mercy Corps and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in Nigeria e-voucher programs, including attention to recommendations that could apply to other e-transfer contexts.
- Materials or guidance used in defining data management flows, processes and protection risks that can be used by field programs analyze their own practices may be annexed to the case study document.
The Consultant will conduct a data management and protection case study (up to 16 days total LOE)
- Introductory meeting to clarify objectives, activities, timeframe with ELAN staff and CRS headquarters advisor(s).
- Desk review of CRS and Mercy Corps data management and protection practices as detailed in standard operating procedures and related by staff (desk review and interviews – in person or remote).
- Meet with relevant information management and program staff to map data management processes.
- Hold a workshop with both agency teams in country to discuss data management adaptations in response to challenges, outstanding issues and potential solutions.
- Develop map of current data management practices
- Use data management mapping to identify protection risks and challenges.
- Draft a case study report to highlight both NGOs’ data management systems, challenges faced, adaptations, any context-specific recommendations and suggestions applicable to other contexts.
- Share with field teams and headquarters staff for feedback.
- Revise and finalize case study document based on feedback.
- Present final case study as part of a webinar with interested ELAN members and Nigeria staff.