DRC, NRC and ASAM are joining their effort in order to produce a research to better understand the protection environment of Syrian Refugees and the context of intervention of NGOs within this context. DRC is present in 4 provinces in South East Turkey, NRC works in 2 provinces including Ankara, as ASAM implement protection activities in several provinces of Turkey. The three NGOs are recognize for their expertise in protection and legal support.
Turkey is recognize as the country hosting the high number of refugees, with 2,7 million Syrians and 300,000 refugees from other origin. It is expected that this number can growth in the future in regard to the regional context. Syrian refugees in Turkey do not experience isolated forms of vulnerability or abuse; exposures to gender based violence, child labour, or exploitation do not exist in a vacuum. Instead, people face compounding and overlapping vulnerabilities through their displacement; with socio-economic distress often at the centre, leading to negative coping mechanisms.
Therefore, the 3 agencies are questioning how to better understand and address the root causes of the protection vulnerabilities, and what would be the added value of protection agencies such as NGO within this context.
Position’s Overall Objectives
The Consultant, in coordination and cooperation with the supporting staff, and supervised by the Country Directors and Head of Program, is expected to substantially contribute to:
Report in depth the situation analysis of the protective environment of Syrian and non-Syrian refugee in Turkey through an evidence based methodology
Position’s Specific Objectives
Furthermore, the Consultant, in coordination and cooperation with supporting staff, is expected to pursue the following objectives in his/her daily work:
Responsibilities and Tasks
To achieve the overall and specific position’s objectives the Consultant will perform the following tasks and undertake the following responsibilities:
Main results to be achieved at the end of the Employment Period- optional
It is recommended that this section of the ToR is specified for the two following reasons:
» A written report in English detailing the protection analysis of the current context including key insights and supported by evidence based results, as well as clear recommendation for the 3 agencies on the way forward.
· Master’s degree in development studies, economics, international humanitarian law, humanitarian or human rights studies, sociology, psychology, protection or a related field.
· At least 3 years of relevant professional humanitarian experience with an international humanitarian aid organization, in complex emergencies.
· Technical experience in protection and protection analysis, protection information management and or community services programming
· Ability to deal with and build the capacity of duty-bearers such as authorities and ministries, LNGOs and other local authorities,
· Experience in coordination role
· Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and team and external relations.
· Previous experience working with Cluster is a strong advantage.
· Previous work experience with UN organisation would be an asset.
Contract length: 2 to 4 Months depending on your availability
Designation of Duty Station: Ankara, Turkey Unaccompanied, non-family duty station
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact DRC Turkey Country Director, Martine Villeneuve:email@example.com
Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or Apply HERE.
Please note that application are not to be sent to HR team; we only accept applications sent online via www.drc.ngo.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
Closing date for applications: Once the position will be filled.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.