Consultant - Animated Video Producer, Beijing, China
UN Children's Fund, Beijing, China
Closing Date for Applications:
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
We are now looking for a consultant who can produce animated visual content for UNICEF programme advocacy and knowledge sharing activities. Video and audio clips and graphics will be provided to UNICEF as a result of this work. All materials produced are UNICEF property.
Key deliverables will include:
- Under the general supervision of the Chief of Communication, the animated video producer is required to manage and carry out the entire production process for a two minute animation film in both English and Chinese languages to be completed no later than 13 October 2017.
- The animated video spot should use simple and easy to comprehend audio-visual language to bring to life what child poverty is and why it matters for the national poverty elimination agenda and the achievement of SDGs. The use of a voiceover may be explored depending on the needs.
- The contracted producer will work closely with UNICEF China's Communication Section and Social Policy and Reform for Children Section to develop the production plan and the script for the film. The producer will need to design illustrations and graphics to visualize the concept and produce the animation. The producer will also be responsible for the recording of a voice-over in English, should a voice-over be needed.
- The video will be made in English first. Once the English version is nearly finalized, UNICEF will provide the Chinese text and voice-over to adapt it into a Chinese version.
To qualify, you will have
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in graphic design and animated video spot production.
- Familiarity with child rights sensitive photography and reporting guidelines.
- Ability to prepare scripts for video and multimedia pieces.
- Ability to produce illustrations and infographics on guidance and direction from UNICEF.
- Fluency in English.
- Preferable experience in working with UN agencies or international development organizations.
- Individuals must have their own equipment.
For every Child, you demonstrate
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making