Country Director, Egypt and Nigeria
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
As the Country Director, Egypt and Nigeria you will be based in Egypt, with responsibility for the management of WorldFish’s country program in Egypt and overseeing the development of a program in Nigeria. The role includes oversight of staffing, budgeting, training, and resourcing to sustain the program. In close consultation with the Center’s research programs on Sustainable Aquaculture, Resilient Small Scale Fisheries and Value Chains and Nutrition you will build and deliver an integrated aquaculture and fisheries program that applies a multifaceted, systems approach to address national priorities and Center goals. The program will contribute to building research and development capacities, and strengthening institutional and partnership capabilities across the fishery and supporting sectors, including research engagement in the Africa region.
Success is measured in the delivery of the following key outcomes:
- A compelling multi-year program focusing on the Center’s work in Egypt, Nigeria and the region, with clear strategic priorities in aquaculture and fisheries.
- A high quality pipeline of funding proposals designed to provide the resources required to fund the program.
- Quality design and timely, successful implementation of research projects funded by these proposals, including careful deployment and management of the human and financial resources needed to deliver the identified research outcomes.
- Well developed networks amongst funding agencies and development partners in Egypt and Nigeria, including relevant Government partners.
- High quality partnership networks and alliances in the country, regionally and internationally as required to support achievement of the Center’s research and development outcomes.
- A culture of research and knowledge exchange with the Egypt and Nigeria programs that builds capacities for producing consistent and quality science across the country's program, including through participation of staff in researcher skill-sharing exchanges and international research institutions.
- Good quality oversight of Egypt and Nigeria finance, administrative and operational matters to ensure alignment with institutional goals and annual priorities.
- Empowered and high performing teams delivering on both operational and strategic priorities.
- Good quality contributions to the WorldFish global strategy, including through participation in global leadership meetings and forums.
- Responsible for overall management of the Abbassa Research and Training center, and the development and resourcing of the facility to deliver high quality research and training services to the aquaculture in Egypt and the African region.