ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA has worked in South Sudan since 1998 and is active in the sectors FSL, Wash and Peace Building with a mix of early-recovery programming where possible and humanitarian programming where necessary. ZOA – South Sudan has offices in three States (CES, EES and Jonglei) and employs 60 national staff members. Its present implementation portfolio is around Euro 4 million per annum. One third of its work is implemented via long-term partners. The political context in South Sudan remains fragile, despite encouraging progress with the implementation of a Peace Agreement. This is an extra motivation for the team to fulfill its mission for vulnerable people in a nation that is recovering from the impact of a civil war.
The Country Director is responsible for the programmes and activities of ZOA in South Sudan within the framework of ZOA’s Policy- and Business Plan and agreed Country Annual Plan.
Your main tasks, responsibilities, and results
- The Country Director is the legal representative of ZOA in South Sudan
- Overall Leadership and Management of the ZOA organisation in South Sudan
- Formulation and implementation of the Country Annual Plan
- Programme formulation, development, implementation, and supervision
- Project Cycle Management, including formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, writing, fundraising, monitoring, and reporting
- Overall responsible for the financial position
- Human Resource Management for all staff
- Maintaining relationships with all relevant actors in the country
- Supervision and control of the administrative and financial organisation
- Participate in organisation wide programme and knowledge development
- Security planning & management responsibilities
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- University graduate
- At least five years of cross cultural experience
- At least five years of relevant management experience in an international setting
- Good spoken and written command of English
- Command of operations and finance
- Conceptual and writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Organisational sensitivity
- Participative leadership
- Staff development
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment
- Frequent field visits/work and travels are required
- This location is a duty station for families without children
- R&R applies currently to this post
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply. If you are interested in this position, please click here to apply directly. CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated. Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.