Country Head of Accounts
BRAC, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The main purpose is to ensure financial transparency and timely preparation of financial statements & donor reports.
- Review and ensure timely preparation of financial statements and donor reports
- Responsible for budgeting
- Review and supervise the financial progress of the projects
- Oversee the internal control function to minimize fraud, error and misappropriation
- Lead the team of Accountants and capacity development of the staff
- Face external and internal audits
- Maintain inter-departmental liaison with different programs
- Apply analytical procedure and ratio analysis; perform and correspond tax, audit and MIS related issues.
- Regular correspondence with Local and Head Office Management, donors and other stakeholders.
- Excellent time- management and problem-solving skills, sound in financial decision making, MIS and cost analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good in report writing, good knowledge On NGO financial environment
- Able to work in stressful conditions to undertake multitasking responsibilities.
- Advanced in IT skills, especially in excel, competent user of financial database and Software
- Previous experience in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software/automated financial System.
- Proven track record of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Outgoing, confident and persuasive communicator
Educational Requirements: CA qualified with Post Graduation in Business field or MBA in Accounting or Finance or relevant field.
Experience Requirements: At least five years’ experience in a "Managerial position" in Accounts/Audit related field. Experience with International NGOs will be an added advantage.