Plan International is one of the oldest and largest international development agencies in the world. In the Philippines, Plan works with children and their families in the poor communities with programs covering disaster risk management, youth economic empowerment, early child care and development, and child protection.
Plan International invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
COUNTRY HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Country Human Resources Manager will provide leadership and strategic direction for the HR function, maximizing the opportunities to build, develop, inspire and retain a team supportive of Plan’s mission to contribute to lasting change for girls and children within the Philippines. This role is under a two-year contract.
Some of the other key responsibilities are:
- provide strategic leadership to develop and implement Plan Philippines’s strategy and workforce plan in line with the Country Strategy and succeeding change management initiatives.;
- provide leadership and support to managers to ensure implementation of Plan Philippines’s HR policies and procedures throughout all offices in Plan Philippines.;
- provide direction and oversight on policies and procedures in respect of staff recruitment and onboarding, benefits and rewards, contracting, severance, grievances and disciplinary, wellbeing, training and development, payroll management, performance management, talent management and succession planning, and;
- support line managers and staff to understand and implement effective performance management appropriate to the local context and based on Plan’s performance management system.
- University degree that is relevant to the role.
- Has a minimum of six years' work experience in managing the human resources of an organization.
- Has proven knowledge of best practice in HR principles: organizational development, surge, recruitment, reward management, performance management, talent management, and wellness.
- Ability to think and work rationally as well as intuitively and creatively.
- Has excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred.