We are looking for our delegation in Jordan for a
Country Representative Jordan
Position Start Date: end of January 2017 or to be discussed
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Swiss salaried contract 4 100 CHF (~3 400 €) < > 5 300 CHF (~4 400€) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
As a representative of the Foundation, the Country Representative leads, coordinates and manages all the activities linked to the Terre des hommes projects in his/her country of assignment: Network work, planning, checking and evaluation of the projects, fund-raising, human resources, finances and administration. The Country Representative supports the local Terre des hommes partners, and, in collaboration with the different parties, ensures the Foundation's intervention strategy is implemented and developed.
Fonction details :
Directs the creation of the intervention strategy for the country and its implementation, in collaboration with the headquarters
Controls the application and supervision of signed agreements between Tdh ahd its partners and local/national authorities
Supervises the correct implementation of projects and develops advocacy strategies
Ensures the coaching of any collaborator under their responsibility, from the recruiting to the final collaboration reports. Uses the good practices so that their management respects the values of Tdh. Applies and ensures the implementation of staff management policies within the delegation
Supervises the correct financial management of the delegation and the funds provided for it
In coordination with the headquarters, directs the fundraising and the negotiations with funding partners present in the area of intervention
Fosters the correct communication and visibility of the projects and the foundation
Is responsible for the implementation of policies on security, child protection and fraud prevention
Ensures the good reputation of the foundation in the country
Develops synergies and partnerships with the rest of national and international actors present in the area
Ensures the correct flow of operational information within the delegation and with the headquarters (especially for institutional reporting)
Education: University degree in relevant field
Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2, French an asset
Experiences and aptitudes:
· At least 5 years previous experience of seniority in an NGO at a management position in the field (expatriation)
· Successful track record of developing humanitarian strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors (OFDA; BPRM; DFID; ECHO; UN; etc.)
· Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills) in emergency · Management experience and strong team leadership qualities
· Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
· A commitment to excellence; attention to detail
Child Safeguarding Policy:
· To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
· To commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies in Jordan
· To commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile. Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
HOW TO APPLY:
Seuls les dossiers postés en ligne, complets et correspondants au profil rechercher seront traités : https://www.tdh.ch/en/node/22206
We will consider complete online application which correspond to the requires profil : https://www.tdh.ch/en/node/22206