MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives .
Please note: Only citizens of Pakistan are eligible for this position.
- MSI is seeking data analysts to participate in the final performance evaluation of the USAID/Pakistan Health Communication Component of the Maternal and Child Health Program. The program designs and implements mass media campaigns and community level interventions in 10 districts in Sindh to promote behavioral change related to family planning and reproductive health services. The evaluation will produce conclusions and recommendations that will inform the implementation of a follow-on health project. It will also identify innovations, best practices, and lessons learned to guide the design of similar future programs.
- The data analyst will support the evaluation by undertaking data analysis, working with other team members to devise a coding structure and participating in data coding and analysis. The evaluation will begin on September 11, 2017 and end by the end of December 2017. The data analyst will work with the team in Islamabad. The anticipated level of effort is approximately 28 days on an intermittent basis.
- Review relevant documents and participate in all team discussions on the analysis and coding structure for qualitative data.
- Check secondary quantitative data for proper variable names, variable labels, and value labels.
- Code qualitative data in collaboration with MSI staff.
- Discuss emerging themes in the qualitative data.
- Write coding or research memos as and when necessary during qualitative analysis.
- Create tables and charts for both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide additional support to the analysis as needed at the direction of the Team Leader or PERFORM staff.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience with two (2) years of hands-on experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Graduate degree in social sciences.
- Demonstrated experience using qualitative and quantitative analysis packages e.g., SPSS, STATA, MaxQDA, NVivo, or Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Excellent English writing skills .
Position will be filled on a rolling basis
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.