The Deputy Chief of Party will be the senior program representative in Karachi and serve as the principal point of contact for all procedural and substantive matters for a donor-funded activity based project in the branch office. S/he will provide oversight of program planning, procurement plans, monitoring and evaluation, training, implementation, program staff recruitment, deployment and development, and building and maintaining relations with government officials, donor personnel, sub-contractors, and partners to ensure program goals are met.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Deputy Chief of Party reports to the Chief of Party and will supervise the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Operations Officer and a team of Program Coordinators.
- In close cooperation with the COP, builds and maintains relations with partner organizations, donor personnel, and vendors to ensure effective program implementation;
- Oversees program planning, implementation and quality control;
- Supervises the development and implementation of activities, sets targets and monitors timelines in order to ensure the timely completion and closure of activities;
- Advises and assists a team of Program Coordinators and Field Officers in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities;
- Ensures that program implementation is in accordance with donor rules and regulations, and Creative’s policies and procedures;
- Ensures that project deliverables are submitted to the client on time and in accordance with donor procedures;
- Serves as the primary point of contact for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP;
- Coordinates with HQ on all tracker, payment and activity issues and/or needs;
- Mentors staff and finds ways to enhance staff development;
- Oversees implementation of project reporting and monitoring and evaluation activities; and
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of an advanced degree in social sciences, conflict resolution, law, political science, international development, or a related field;
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development and transition activities, preferably under a USAID or DOS contract – 4 years of which shall have been in senior management including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Intimate familiarity with donor rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated experience building local and national institutional capacity to independently implement effective and accountable program activities;
- Demonstrated experience managing significant small grants activities for an international development company or NGO;
- Experience coordinating sensitive program activities in coordination with high-level government officials, including embassy staff, the client, host country government ministries, and other key stakeholders; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Urdu, Punjabi and/or Sindhi.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.