Deputy Country Director - Programs
Closing Date for Applications:
Plan International is changing. We are responding to shifts in international development and humanitarian response to ensure we make a stand for all children’s rights, through a focus on girls and other disadvantaged children. As Plan International embarks on this ambitious and exciting process across our 70+ offices worldwide, we are introducing a number of new roles within the organisation.
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International has been operating in Nepal since 1978 and is proud of the Country Office’s many achievements. The Deputy Country Director Program (DCD-P) is a key leadership position for Plan International Nepal’s programs and is a core member of the country management team. This position leads and provides oversight to Plan International’s programs and influencing work in Nepal.
- Supervising the Field Implementation Manager, the team of Heads of Programs/technical specialists, the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation and Research and Grant Project Managers.
- Regularly reporting to the CD on the management of all risks associated with program delivery, including on budget and people management;
- Support the Business Development Manager and the Country Director for all program resource mobilisation needs and plays a vital role in supporting grants acquisition as well as grants project implementation;
- Lead disaster preparedness and initial response for Plan International Nepal with a focus on Plan International Nepal’s priority areas of humanitarian response, including – but not limited to – Inclusive Education and Child Protection in Emergencies.
- Spearhead the implementation of Plan International’s global strategy “100 Million Reasons” in Nepal, in line with the Plan International Nepal global strategy and will assure all Plan International Nepal’s program and projects are gender transformative in nature.
- S/he will be an advocate for promoting gender equality, both in programs as well as within the CO program team structure and operations.
- Previous Knowledge of key program areas such as health, education, livelihoods, WASH, disaster risk management and protection, with a sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty.
- Solid experiences in resource mobilization with a variety of donors
- Fluency in written and spoken English required and good working knowledge of other languages are an advantage.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and public speaking.