We are currently looking for Deputy Team Leader - Programme Development and Quality to be based in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh.
The Deputy Team Leader - Programme Development and Quality will generally be deployed to the field in a medium or large-scale complex emergency, supporting the Field Team Leader.The post-holder will ensure that humanitarian programmes delivered are to the appropriate scale, scope, quality and accountability expected of Save the Children, and incorporate a child focused lens.They may also take on the role of response Team Leader in small or medium scale emergencies responsible for all aspects of the emergency response. They may also fill a senior management role, such as Director of Programme Quality and Development in a chronic humanitarian country programme, or to carry out short-term assessment, programme design, capacity analysis or monitoring & evaluation activities.In most circumstances, the postholder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity-build both international and national staff colleagues.The Deputy Team Leader - PDQ will also be expected to play a role in global level technical working groups, working closely with HO technical advisers on organisational strategy, capacity building, policy and advocacy initiatives.
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential especially hands on PDQ functions
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of managing a large multi-sector, multi-national team
- Previous experience of programme management across multiple locations
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA) of GBP 5 - 10m, preferably in insecure contexts
- Commitment to, thorough understanding of, and able to train staff in participation and accountability approaches
- Demonstrated ability to set up monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to set up learning and development processes for a large team
- Proven ability of mentoring and coaching
- Experience of senior level representation
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Language skills in French, Spanish, and/or Arabic
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Security management experience across a large programme
- Specific experience of designing and managing consortia projects
- Media experience
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.