Development and Communications Assistant
Internews Network, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Development and Communications Assistant supports the Outreach Department. This position contributes to day-to-day operations related to database management and fundraising activities, event logistics and internal and external communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties as assigned:
- Manage contacts database including data entry, maintain data integrity, create and run reports, sync to e-mail database.
- Create, maintain, and report on list segmentation within the contacts database.
- Support the logistical planning and execution of events such as fundraising galas, brown bag and panel discussions, and small meetings.
- Draft and disseminate fundraising meeting minutes and track action items.
- Assist in drafting donor handouts and brochures; donor emails, updates and inquiries; concept notes and proposals.
- Prepare donor briefing packets.
- Maintain development calendars and timelines for reports, funding renewals, donor meetings.
- Print publicity materials and assemble publicity folders.
- Prepare internal metrics reports and maintain department calendars.
- Research events, speaking opportunities, and media outreach opportunities.
- Support management of department budget including tracking expenses, receipts, and credit card reconciliation.
- Assist in drafting internal and external written communications, including web content, print collateral, and social media content.
- Represent Internews at outside events.
- Operate and maintain communication systems such as photo archive and internal information management tools.
- Offers administrative support to the VP for Strategic Outreach.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of communications, outreach, or fundraising experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Database experience, including data entry, report creation, and solid understanding of data integrity
- Experience with Salesforce, or other relational database software preferred
- Experience with email tools such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, MyEmma and CRM systems
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Office)
- Experience with web and print design (Web publishing, Adobe Creative Suite) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and research skills
- Ability to work efficiently and reliably
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff
- Positive attitude, professional presence, and flexibility in responding to the requirements of the position.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed