The Director of Global Information Communication and Technology (GICT) is responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of PCI’s information technology and computer systems that support enterprise goals and achievement of PCI’s global mission and vision. S/he provides vision and leadership for developing, implementing, and operating global information and communication technology initiatives and systems across PCI’s offices globally.
The GICT Director has overall responsibility for all aspects of GICT system lifecycle management including processes for planning, creating, testing, deploying, and operating systems. The GICT Director does the job through the effective use of information and technology. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and supervises PCI’s IT team. The GICT Director coordinates closely with other technical staff involved in IT efforts including PCI’s Monitoring and Evaluation/Information Systems team and Marketing and Communications Team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategic Vision, Technical Leadership, and IT Governance
- Execute vision of PCI’s medium and long-term GICT strategy, systems and architecture.
- Lead PCI’s enterprise wide GICT analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement and planning, in support of PCI’s primary business objectives and strategic initiatives;
- Develop, implement, and monitor the progress of the PCI ICT4D strategy and roadmap;
- Develop technical tools and resources to build capacity in ICT4D among program and ICT staff;
- Contribute to overall IT governance and capacity building efforts to strengthen PCI’s use of technology;
- Participate in and provide technical leadership to PCI governance structures around project-level information systems;
- Assess and define strategy and roadmap to support and enhanced access and utilization of program performance data at HQ level;
- Develop strategic approaches and define necessary GICT resources for new business development in support of distinguishing PCI as a GICT leader in the field of international development;
- Provide vision and roadmap for the adoption of mobile platforms to improve efficiency and data collection;
- Support development and delivery of data warehouse to improve the quality of decision-making through data visualization and enhanced data analytics;
- Evaluate current landscape and growth plans to determine key GICT gaps and opportunities.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments and non-investment decisions.
- Review, recommend, and apply industry standards for GICT and identify opportunities for innovations.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for the staff development in the field and headquarters offices.
Asset Management and Systems Architecture
- Direct and manage the PCI global IT portfolio to include corporate IT, M&E, data collection, and reporting systems and solutions;
- Create an enterprise systems architecture and execution of a roadmap to enhance and improve the systems (security, software, hardware, etc.);
- Provide technical oversight / support to key PCI-managed project information systems (e.g. G-PATH), which includes, budgeting, planning, release and features management;
- Manage and enhance the current operations of Office 365 environment to include OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint and the PCI Intranet. Support the rollout of the PCI Intranet globally using SharePoint;
- Support and enhance currently deployed PCI assets in Salesforce, Azure (used for GPath system), and DHIS2 implementation on Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Lead the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) effort from the technology aspects of the project;
- Develop system designs to execute the organizational GICT strategy, including updating and expanding hardware, networks, software, data management, information processing and reporting and security.
- Prepare and manage system development and GICT project budgets that reflect “Total Cost of Ownership”.
Collaboration and Partnerships Development
- Develop partnerships with other external organizations to facilitate the use of information and communication technologies in program activities;
- Work with stakeholders, including leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization's strategies, processes, information, and information technology assets.
- Manage the system development and change release cycles across the organization.
- Supervise global GICT team, technology vendors, consultants and contractors implementing GICT projects.
- Support change management processes for redesign of business processes impacted by GICT changes.
- Maintain an architecture that supports an efficient and secure IT environment to meet PCI and all financial compliance requirements.
- Develop and roll-out policies, standards and guidelines that direct the future selection, development, implementation and use of technology, tools and data/information within the organization.
- Manage service providers (software-as-a-service, infrastructure-as-a-service, etc.)
- Develop and manage strong working relationship within PCI to maintain alignment of GICT strategy and planning with the organization's business goals.
- Maintain effective relationships with organizations supporting PCI’s GICT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Technology or degree in equivalent field of study with relevant work experience.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in working in a leadership role in a GICT team in a medium size organization with geographically diverse office layout, including in limited resource environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in creating Enterprise Architectures and evidence of realizing it.
- Experience in deploying IT solutions in the cloud including Salesforce, AWS, Azure.
- Experience in deploying Office 365 and Intranet using SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal skills including working with multi-sectoral teams and individuals in different cultural contexts
- Experience working in the field of International Development
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations and experience in establishing and/or growing IT department.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering.
- Current experience in SaaS, cloud-based solutions and mobile technology.
- Preferred experience to run ERP projects with planning, requirements management, business process reengineering, testing and deployment of the selected solution
- Strong Customer Services orientation with a strong ability to develop partnership at various levels.
- Self-motivated with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in project and program management planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to explain concepts in simple terms to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in supervising IT staff and managing consultants.
- Willingness to travel internationally to developing countries 10% of time annually
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI. Job Location San Diego, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular