Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
United Methodist Committee on Relief, Atlanta, United States
Reporting to the COO, the M&E director will be responsible for leading a team of internal and external technical staff to provide the needed monitoring and evaluation capacity, tools, systems and processes to measure and demonstrate the results of Global Ministries work in a range of programmatic areas. Key to this work will be the design and implementation of program evaluation and performance monitoring plans for GBGM program units, with a focus on Emergency Preparedness and Response, Global Health, International Development, Missionary Service and Volunteer programs. The Director will oversee the rollout of global outcome and impact indicators, the establishment of new data management processes to guide decision making for senior management staff and support a culture and of monitoring and evaluation in program staff.
This individual’s success hinges on their ability to create an M&E system that allows the organization to reliably track the impact Global Ministries, its partners and related organizations, have on beneficiaries across the world.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop results framework for key programs of Global Ministries according to the strategic plan.
- Design and implement an agency wide, responsive data collection, collation and management process which is efficient and not burdensome for non-technical users with rapid feedback cycles.
- Review data analysis and produce visualization and reports of GBGM programs with respect to global reach, input, process, outcome and impact.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the development of new metrics and measures to track progress towards GBGM goals and objectives.
- Provide guidance to M&E team as they work with program staff to implement M&E systems.
- Design a data quality assessment process to validate beneficiary numbers and program impact.
- Lead the design, implementation, and analysis of program baseline, mid-line, and end line evaluations.
- Disseminate information to the proper stakeholders and make recommendations for the resolution of data management challenges.
- Plan and oversee third-party evaluation contracts for field evaluations and data quality assessment of Global Ministries’ implementing partners.
- Select platform/technologies to capture and organize data effectively and efficiently for agency wide use.
- Support data-driven strategic thinking and planning process across programs.
- Advanced degree in international development or behavioral/social sciences, including training in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and applied program evaluation.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in designing and leading complex M&E programs within an international development organization.
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation of health or development programs.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and data management.
- Experience in questionnaire development (including testing for reliability and validity).
- Experience in program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Strong skills with computer software programs that enable efficient and effective data collection, storage, analysis and graphic representation of results.
- Experience in mapping and measuring change through theories of change and other hypotheses of change.
- Superior verbal presentation and facilitation skills.
- Expertise in statistical analysis computer programs such as SPSS.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, particularly communications skills for diverse audiences.
- Solutions-oriented; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and to radiate positivity (even when under pressure).
- Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to negotiate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results.
- Previous experience working in donor agency or grant making context preferred.