Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, The Director of Programme Implementation in his/her capacity is responsible for the implementation of all field programming in country, overseeing the operational aspects and providing leadership, management support for strategic courses of action in all field operations, ensuring strong strategic annual planning processes are in place and are up to the expected quality, ensuring effective and efficient implementation of operational goals and objectives within the context of SCI, assuring customer satisfaction on programmatic and operational matters and establishing proper networking relationships with key stakeholders as laid out in the strategy documents.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, or humanitarian
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts
- Excellent understanding of at least three of the followings Programmatic sectors: Health;
- nutrition; education; disaster risk reduction and emergency response; community development, Livelihoods; child protection; and child rights governance.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of Programme and implementation management' project management, budget oversight, donor relations, and regulation acquisition, especially in
- Regards to USAID. DFAT, Europe Aid, ECHO, DFATD, SIDA, and other mayor donor agencies'
- Be able to annualize information, evaluate options, and think and plan in an effective, and strategic manner.
- Substantial experience of line management, effective team building' and capacity development.
- Proven record of successful team leadership, management of implementing teams and delivering programme objectives in complex, fragile and challenging environments, in particular with regards to staff safety and security management.
- Experience of working in Humanitarian Response and Preparedness programmes'
- Excellent interpersonal, communication' and presentation skills.
- Fluent/ in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, Save the Children's Principles and values' including child rights and child protection
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. Please note - Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and this role may be filled prior to the closing date.