Disaster Risk Management Advisor
Plan International, Stockholm, Sweden
Key working tasks
- Provide timely and qualitative advisory to grants managers in the DRM unit, Country Offices, Regional Offices in developing new project ideas within the thematic area of disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and resilience;
- Contribute to assure the quality of the Plan International Sweden supported programs and projects within thematic area through regular monitoring and evaluation of results;
- Contribute to good cooperation with the country office and donors and to identify new funding opportunities within the thematic area;
- Support to DRM team during a major emergency with various duties as requested;
- Participate in developing policies and advocacy in the thematic area of child-centered disaster risk reduction globally;
- Represent Plan International Sweden externally and develop partnerships with other relevant actors as agreed with Head of DRM unit.
- University degree in social/political/development science, disaster management or in any other relevant field;
- Five years of relevant experience in development sector, with preferable working experience in an humanitarian context for an NGO, UN, EU or government actors;
- Sound field experience in implementing disaster risk management/climate change adaptation/resilience projects, preferably with a child focus;
- Advanced level of spoken and written English. Working knowledge in Swedish, French, Spanish, Arabic or any other language will be seen as an asset.
- Basic skills in conducting trainings within the thematic area;
- Comfortable working with logical framework approach (LFA);
- Well oriented with relevant development and humanitarian frameworks and standards such as Sendai Framework for DRR, Core Humanitarian Standards, Rights of the Child.